We are a small group of like minded individuals who wish to preserve
the mining heritage of our village and the industrial heritage of it's coastline.
The objectives of this banner group is to:
- Ensure our mining history is not lost.
- Restore the last remaining banner which is in poor state of repair.
- Once restored the banner is to be sealed in a glass case and to go on permanent display in the local library.
- Secure funding for a new banner, which will be used in heritage and other cultural activities.
- Engage with schools and local young people in the village.
- Interact with other heritage groups.
- Lift the profile of Whitburn and Marsden.
Chairman Brian Cauwood
Secretary Derek Wilson
Treasurer Steve Owen
Committee member Tracey Dixon
The Marsden Banner Group is a member of the Durham Mining Communities Banner Groups Association.